Forum Discussion

Soulprison
New Contributor III
5 years ago

AGAIN we can not connect to certain websites!

This JUST happened a month ago.  Can not connect to multiple basic websites like, Amazon, Bank of America, etc.  This is happening in the 757 area of VA.  Last time it took over a *** week to get this fixed. THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS TO HAPPEN! I don't know about anyone else, but I have bills to pay and have to do it online but it's kind of hard to do that when this garbage internet keeps having issues at the Fisher Price back bones.  Have to wait forever just to get a level 2 tech on the phone because all the level ones want to do is ask you to power cycle.  Jesus, fix your crappy hardware already.

Soulprison
    New Contributor III

There is no need to resend tracerts we already did a month ago.  Literally then same websites are having the same issues.  Discord, Battle.net, Nexusmods.com, Citibank, American Express, Instagram and Facebook (pictures and videos wont load). This is an issue that happened on their end a month ago.  Now they act like it never happened.  I even asked them to just look at my previous tickets about it.  Drives me crazy and this is only happening in the 757 area of VA. 

stuco
      New Contributor III

I'm so frustrated dealing with Cox. No one has responded to this thread which is almost 24 hours old. I said the same things you mentioned even provided the Cox forum thread from January yet Cox acts like this is new issue. This is the identical issue as I have stated many times. One would assume they would escalate to the same engineers who solved the problem the last time when it took over a week to resolve. But that would be too logical!

Becky
        Hi All, we have reported these issues to our network operations team and an investigation is underway. Please post the DNS servers you are using. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Soulprison
    New Contributor III

The moderator asked for everyone experiencing issues to post their DNS server(s) for the tech.  If you don't know how;

(Windows) In the search bar type - cmd  

When the box pops up type - ipconfig /all

Typically the second to last lines should be your DNS and should look something like 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.8.4 or something similar.