Forum Discussion

Glenee
Contributor II
3 years ago

Anyone's Cox inbox being spamed by Cox Fake emails ?

I am getting Fake emails from Cox about my email account being shut down and a new one about my email being too old of a format. I know their fake because when you check sender it's gmail, yahoo, and some weird cox. net ones.

4 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Glenee
    You can always mark the emails as spam. And set one of the following preferences for Spam emails: Mark as Spam and deliver to Inbox, Put in Spam folder, or Delete Spam without delivering. You can also create a filter rule and block those specific senders. See the link below for further assistance.

www.cox.com/.../cox-email-settings.html

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Glenee
    Contributor II

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info. The reason I posted was to make Cox aware of the email's being circulating thru the Cox email system. I thought maybe Cox had a way to pick up on these Fake emails and Bar them from their system. Why don't you create a filter rule that says these obvious fishing emails will be blocked from the Cox system.

Just a suggestion.

Glenee

Concerned Customer

DavidA2
      Former Moderator
      Glenee,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to let us know about those emails. I would be happy to pass that along to our engineers for review.

David
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    sIriously
    New Contributor

I get spam on a daily basis and wonder why Cox allows this garbage into it's system. I use Outlook for email now and never get spam with their email system. Can't wait for T-Mobile to bring internet to my area so I can drop Cox cable completely.