Forum Discussion

hildatorres1
New Contributor
3 days ago

Bad Service!

I recently visited your cox communications centers in National City, California and spoke to one of your associates by the name of Juan. He was very unhelpful and was the attitude he put off was like he didn't want to help us in the first place. I'm hoping that you can help me out because otherwise based on the bad experience we had on 06/19/2024, we might just switch out internet provider. I visited to see what discount or promotion can cox offer for my account. He actually did applied $10 monthly discount for 24 months but he did not really explain what's the discount is for. I was just checking my bill and based on the discount he applied to my account, he increase our internet connectivity from 500 MPBS to 1G but in reality our bill went up $10 more monthly. Instead of us just paying $100 monthly (original bill). I inquire to see how can I lower my monthly bill not to increase monthly bill. Looks like he just tricked me for giving me the 1G but added $10 more on my  bill. I would rather back my 500 MPBS connectivity for $100 monthly instead for 1G for $110 monthly. Anyways our connection is really slow even we have 500 MPBS, we cannot even connect our smart TV or cannot connect the wifi to our mobile phone. I send an email to this email address abuse@cox.com but no response and chatting with one of your agent but he keeps on responding I will transfer you to our retention dept, but chat was never transfer. I appreciate any response to this matter.

1 Reply

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and do not want to see you go. Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post.  Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be turning off replies to this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.