Forum Discussion

suzier
New Contributor
2 days ago

Connection drops US profile assignment change

I keep losing my connection several times a day.  Lately, it has been once an hour.  My modem log has the US Profile assignment change. 

What is my best course of action?  I have had this happen with two different routers.  I have been a customer of Cox for many many years.  I am dreading the ordeal of trying to get their attention/action.  They follow their scripts and blame my equipment EVERY TIME. 

It's pretty bad when you think tolerating the drops is less painful than working with customer server.  However, it is impacting my ability to do my job now as I am constantly getting disconnected from the VPN.

4 Replies

•  I am very sorry to hear that. I rely on my internet heavily so I can certainly understand how inconvenient it can be. We value you and want you to enjoy your service.  Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.

Thank you.

suzier
    New Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate you help.  I will email now.

• Your best course of action is filing an FCC complaint. They won't provide honest accurate information about the issue they won't provide notice of planned outages so you can plan for them. They have even turned off their local support number you have to call the national number to talk to someone who won't provide any information. They have a monopoly and your a product. They will let you have outages and inconstant coverage if they fixing it in a timely fashion costs them money. They only care about regulation and fines. File with the FCC.

JulianN

Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!