Forum Discussion

lwporter45
New Contributor
20 days ago

Constant outages

I’m fed up!  Everytime the power goes out, 1/2 hour later, bam, the internet/cable is gone as well. This has started over the last year and a half. I have a Generac, so I’ve got power, but no internet. First, technology is advancing but not Cox. They’re just taking our money. REV will be in our area soon and I’ll be able to tell Cox to shove it. If they cared one bit about their customers, it would be different but they don’t. They don’t even have Cox employees coming out to check problems anymore. I get contractors that have no clue what they’re doing. Which means I have to wait for a trained Cox guy to come and solve the problem. My son dropped Cox 3 yrs ago, & went with REV. . He hasn’t lost internet one time that I have. He’s lost internet 3 times in 3 yrs after unholy storms have come through and only for a few hours instead of a week like I have. Competition is coming Cox and you can’t compete.  

2 Replies

• Hi lwporter45. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator