Forum Discussion

friarfaithful
New Contributor
3 days ago

500 plan speeds drop to 30mbps

A few weeks I noticed my speeds had dipped and were capping out 30-35/mbps. Testing from a laptop directly into the modem. Reset modem and speed is back to 500 for about 90 seconds then goes back down. Replaced the ethernet cable and coax - nothing.

Called Cox - no help. Replaced modem with a brand new Cox modem. Full speed lasted about 5 mins before going back down to 30. 

Please help Cox. Your online tech support is terrible.

4 Replies

• File an FCC complaint. They use support to just pressure people to purchasing more equipment and pay their exorbitant motor rental fees and support fees which should be included. If the drop yo your house is more than 10 years old it often needs replacement and the techs don't want to do it so they gasslight and blame your hardware. They have a monopoly. They only care about profits regulations and fines. File with the FCC. They will have someone with actual authority resolve your issue or they will get fines.

•  

I'm sorry to hear you've been having this experience. Our team would be glad to assist via email at cox.help@cox.com 

Thank you.

bigd9834
    New Contributor II

I have same thing happening with sb8200, in October it started dropping speed to 30 mbps. This happens about once a week or a month, cox tech was out, checked the line and said the line is good and started recommending that I should use their equipment and blah blah blah. Having a second tech coming out if they dont fix it, i will file a complaint.

NicholeC

I'm sorry to hear you've been having this experience. We hope the tech appointment goes well. If you have any concerns after that is completed, please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com. Thank you.