Forum Discussion

doxam
New Contributor
6 hours ago

Cox is the worst internet provider

I have been with Cox barely 3 months, and there hasn't been a single day without issues.  Lag, packet loss, total loss of internet for hours... you name it.  Every time there's an issue I type into google "Cox is the worst internet provider" just so if someone types Cox in google, maybe auto fill can help them save themselves.  They have a monopoly in my area, which I'm convinced is the only reason they're still in business. 

I'll hit publish on my post once the internet comes back, because... of course the internet went out again.

• doxam 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble.  I know how important it is to remain connected to the things you care about. I apologize that your service has been impacted and realize that as a new customer this probably doesn't leave a great impression on you. I was able to locate your account using your forums credentials and found that there have been other reports of trouble which have triggered a network notification to appear when you sign into the Cox app. Right now the Fix Target Date is 10/4/24 1:52 PM. I tested your modem's connection to our network by pinging it and am not seeing any loss or latency, or any other signs of trouble. If you are noticing your modem lights change when there is trouble I would recommend you reach out to us directly for support, as our community members may not be able to help if the issue is on our network. Our forums are more for customers to talk about topics related to Cox services. You can reach us by email at cox.help@cox.com by sending your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Twitter/X  @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook.