Forum Discussion

ScamFighter
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox Outlook email not sending or receiving

My Cox email through Outlook 2016 stopped working about 4 days ago. When I hit the Send/Receive button, this is the error message I get: 

Task ‘Synchronizing subscribed folders for dotcommer@cox.net.’ reported error (0x800CCC0E): ‘Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for dotcommer@cox.net. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Email has always worked great for several years on this laptop. Cox email still works on another older laptop also through an older version of Outlook. I checked all the settings for the account and everything appears to be correct. How can I get this fixed so my email starts working again?