Forum Discussion

Email_Inbox_Err
New Contributor
7 years ago

Email Inbox Error 127.0.0.1

After three conversations with Cox customer service, I am still getting this same inbox error with no supplied remedy:

Error

Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server 127.0.0.1. Probably your request took too long.

Through my research, I've found that it has been an existing issue with other users since at least as far back as July 2017. Why hasn't a fix been identified yet? I use my email for business and I'm losing money daily because of this issue.

Who else has experienced this problem and what, if any, was the solution? The recommendation from customer support was ridiculously unacceptable: "Wait a few days and if it's still not working, contact us again."

17 Replies

• Thanks for the background info! It is funny that Cox is making money on plenty of banner ads jumping around in the margins, and in some cases the ads are slowing down load rates.

• Okay, here it is, February 1st -- what are the updates??? I still don't have access to those days' emails before I had to do the workaround to a non-Cox email address.

Trikein
    Contributor III

Sorry, wish I had a better answer for you. Cox outsourced their email to 3rd party EasyDNS. They are a decent DNS and email provider, the problem is what Cox paid and what specs their shared servers allow. 5000 messages a day seems to be a bottleneck, so it's probably around that, with limited red flagging. All the spam they used to handle in house, they(Atlanta) now have to pay someone to pipe it to  the EasyDNS servers in Texas. Long story short, it just doesn't work well, and Cox probably won't pay to make it better. Not enough profit in email to increase performance. Expect a 5$ "Easy Email" push as Cox tries to increase revenue gain.

• So it's taken since last July to work on this problem and a remedy is still at least a week away???

Although thanks for finally posting some kind of a workaround (it's taken 4 days and numerous calls and chats to customer support and this is the first time someone actually offered some real information), I already tested and set up another email account with a different provider to bypass the error (before your suggestion) so that I'm not losing more business/money every day this issue is apparently pushed aside by Cox. Hopefully that will at least help other users.

But there are important emails still locked up in the erred, closed Inbox that I need to access NOW, not a week or longer from now! I really do expect a credit on my account for this baseline, component service being down for the last 5 days.

• Hello,

This is a known issue that we are working on resolving. The estimated time to fix is 01/31/18. Meanwhile, customers that are experiencing this issue should be able to use third party software such as Outlook or Macmail to access their email until this is fixed.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.