Forum Discussion

Joya770
New Contributor
5 years ago

Is anyone else getting lower speeds than normal?

I held off on posting this for a while because I assumed we were just hitting a rough patch for a few days, but our speeds still haven't improved in over a week. I pay for the unlimited data plan, and I'm not getting the speeds stated for the plan. I get a little over 200 download speed IF I'M LUCKY, but realistically through-out the day we get anywhere from 100-150 which isn't 300 last time I checked. We bought that specific plan for the number of people in our house and when we don't get those speeds, it makes everything extremely slow. I think it's fair that COX should upgrade everyone to the best plan just for a month so WE CAN ACTUALLY GET THE SPEEDS WE PAY FOR! 

I'm not looking for any troubleshooting, just curious if anyone else is having issues recently?

• Hello, if still having these concerns and have already performed the basic testing such as reboots, directly wired testing and confirming on multiple devices. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    avmba01
    New Contributor

Only getting 200-400 down 30 up with Gigablast

dannys how can I get CoxHelp to follow on twitter so I can DM?  Tried asking them to follow me without luck.  just had a really bad chat support experience via the web and left feeling like there was no real troubleshooting done.

BrianM
      Not sure if we are still not following your Twitter handle, but try sending a tweet again to @coxhelp

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    lucyh303
    New Contributor

I am experiencing very slow speed or lose connectivity frequently. I am not getting what I paid for why would I pay for more?

Mandals
    New Contributor

Yes, I currently have Gigablast and I average anywhere from 100-500mbps down. The upload is always perfect 35 as advertised. Recently when I play any online FPS game I rubberband (lag) like crazy. Ping on CS GO was like 180ms the other night. Couldn't even play.

whodatRX7
    New Contributor II

Same issues as most. Supposedly an technical problem earlier. I am getting less than half the projected speed. 50 - 65 Mbps down for 200 Mbps service. Will Cox be offering rebates for poor service like automobile  insurance companies are considering? This poor design of sharing BW is not good for consumers and needs to change.

whodatRX7
    New Contributor II

Same issues as most. Supposedly an technical problem earlier. I am getting less than half the

projected speed. 50 - 65 Mbps down for 200 Mbps service. Will Cox be offering rebates for poor

service like automobile  insurance companies are considering? This poor design of sharing BW is

not good for consumers and needs to change.

whodatRX7
    New Contributor II

Cox, this isn;t necessarily a technical problem, like equipment is down. It is bad design for service.

Panther
    New Contributor

OK, I thought it was only me. But since I've been working from home I notice how TRULY BAD it is during the day. We upgraded from 150 to 300 Mbs last September as part of an upgrade. I have never seen close to that, and I'm using a wired connection through a router and Cat 7 cabling. The highest I've seen is 234 Mbs download at night, but that is rare. I typically see 8 to 90 Mbs during the day. I also see a lot of packet loss. I'm sure glad I'm not paying for Gigablast as I see a lot of replies from folks complaining about their abysmal speeds also.