Forum Discussion

socal_transplan
Contributor III
7 years ago

New Webmail issues

still no direction as to where to post email issues...Internet or apps? So I am here.

new issue as of yesterday, spam lands in my inbox...I try to send to spam...I've sent waaaay too many today so I cannot. I have to download into my email client and THEN I can forward to spamreport@cox.net.

Also had it tell me once that I could not send to "thisisnotspam" . What's with this ?

why wouldn't cox go to an email client & contract for this service? They obviously cannot deal with it. Or facilitate a deal to give us to some other email provider. 

I am so sick of this and now I'm being blown off by billing because email is "free." You know *** well it's built into the price of Internet, just like phone tools....which frequently doesn't work either...is built into the cost of phone. But because it isn't billed as a separate charge....I'm sol.

I love the techs...most are so good.  But I hate this company!

• Oh, and Allan....

did you not read that I also use Apple iOS and have the same problem there? 

Cox "team" is using IE for their target and it doesn't work for other operating systems.

not much of a beta test if you ask me.

• davedirect

Sorry that we weren't able to help you. I'm glad you were able to transfer any important documents and mail to another account. If we can be of any assistance please feel free to reach out here 24/7.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    dxd
    New Contributor II

socal transplant said:

Dxd

have you tried using I.E.?

Yes, it works just fine in I.E.   However, I do not choose to use I.E.   I want to be able to use the browser of my choice, as I had always been able to do before they made these changes that were not really necessary.   Now I have issues accessing my email even on Cox's own website.  There are obviously flaws somewhere if, months later, people are still having the same problems.

• Dxd

that's my point exactly. I don't feel safe using IE. That's why I switched to chrome. And there have been lots of conflicts with IOS.

between operating systems, browsers, and mail client combinations I don't think cox has the depth to beta all. They should have gotten outside help. But since this is a "free" annoyance, they just didn't want to spend the money. Cheaper to *** up our time. 

dxd
    New Contributor II

socal transplant

I went and found my original post about this back in June.  There was a reply from another user, in which he explained how he got it to work.  He changed his settings in Chrome to allow third-party cookies.   After that, it worked fine.

???    Why would I accept third-party cookies on what is supposed to be a secure, personal page  ? 

• no.  we shouldn't have to accept that lack of privacy to use email. especially when their stated purpose for this was security!

coxuser
    New Contributor

Our webmail has been locking us out intermittently on iMac/Safari.  We get the hung server and no response or the error message "server not found" or "try again later".  I just found a work around for it.  See if this helps.  Bing "cox webmail residential" and the first listing will be Cox Home with a sublisting of "webmail inbox".  Save that address to favorites.  When the server hangs, click on that bookmark and hopefully be signed on immediately.  It works for us.  BTW we're in San Diego.