Forum Discussion

helpinphoenix
New Contributor
5 years ago

no internet after cable box was looked at

Hello, Cox was out today and was looking at our neighborhood cable box. After they were done, our internet does not work. I called Cox and they stated it was a modem issue and to call Netgear. I did that but Netgear wanted almost $140 to help as it was not a hardware issue. I guess my question is, why did our internet stop after the box was looked at, there appears to be no signal to the modem as all the frequency are zero for all channels?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's called a neighborhood node.

Cox probably tweaked something on the node.  That's good.  You may just need to reboot your modem by unplugging for 30 seconds.

If this doesn't bring you online and you have a cell phone, log into your Cox account to reset your modem.

If this doesn't bring you online, call Cox to re-provision your modem.

BTW, Cox recommending to call Netgear is awful advice.

helpinphoenix
      New Contributor

thanks for the reply, I was on chat with cox again and they came to conclusion...no signal from the outside box. The tech did something and now they will not resend a tech for 5 days, so no internet till then, so frustrating

helpinphoenix
        New Contributor

Oh and I did even go out and get one of Cox's rental modems, still nothing

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just for clarification:  where is this neighborhood cable box?

helpinphoenix
      New Contributor

the node, I guess that is what it is called is in my neighbors yard

SharonL
        Former Moderator
        Hello,

I am sorry to hear your internet is not working for you. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thank you.

Sharon
        Cox Support Forum Moderato