Forum Discussion

Thibby82
New Contributor
3 days ago

Paying Cox Tech to come out to fix a problem with Cox modem?

Can someone please explain why I am paying extra every month to be able to have a tech from Cox come out to fix their own stuff when it decides to not work? Shouldn’t they do that for free? I’m told that anytime they have to come out, it is $75, unless I get this add on for an extra $10 a month. That $10 adds up throughout the year. Why do I have to pay for Cox to come out and fix or replace their own faulty equipment? 

6 Replies

• Hi Thibby82,

It sounds like there has been some confusion and I would like to clarify.  If the issue is due to Cox owned equipment or a signal delivery issue you will not be assessed a fee.  Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com.

Cox Support Forums Moderator 

Thibby82
      New Contributor

I was told by your technical department that anytime Cox had to send someone out, (even if it is not my fault) I would have to pay for $75 for it. This had to do with a visit scheduled, that I quickly canceled when I was told this. The tech dept individual said if I paid the roughly $10 a month, I would not have to worry about that issue. I honestly felt trapped into having to add it as we are on the 3rd monitor due to them overheating and just dying out when there are enough outages. 

Thibby82
        New Contributor

But please feel free to remove that from my bill since I have been paying for it needlessly now.