Forum Discussion

Wookhunter
Visitor
3 hours ago

Paying for 2 gigs and can't even receive 1

I have had multiple technicians come out over the year and have had 3 visits in less then past 2 months alone. I am paying for 2gig internet and receiving speeds no more then 800 download and 180 upload. I continue to get the run around. One technician said he would be back 5 days later to fix the issue and never showed. 1 installed a limiter which makes 0 sense and actually hurt my speeds. Then this past one took my brand new modem and installed the same exact one.. The last technician finally explained to me that my house is not capable of reaching 1 gig speeds.  They also refuse to credit or refund me for the last 3 years I've been paying for gigablast and the past year that I've been paying for 2 gig. I am going to talk to my family attorney on monday and start a class action lawsuit in California. If anyone else is having similar issues feel free to post or comment here to get it on it.

• I feel violated and robbed. Why offer or allow me to pay for a service I am incapable of receiving.

RaquelD

Hello. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your internet speeds and the issue has yet to be resolved. We would be happy to look into this for you and address your concerns. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread so we can assist? You can also reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.