Forum Discussion

Rered_CoxForum
New Contributor
12 days ago

Port Forwarding via Cox App

PN: CGM4141COX  <- guess that is the brand of modem. 

Start app and: 

WiFi settings-> X -> View WiFI equipment -> (Gateway Online) Advanced Settings -> Port Forwarding -> Add Port Forward -> Manual Setup -> Port # -> Protocol (TCP) -> Next -> Close

And...doesn't work. 

canyouseeme gives me my ip...and can't see me. 
cannot connect to my ip via external device (in this case my smartphone using a web browser). 

I've done this many times before the app...and now the app...well is some secret extra step that I need to do?   

I connect my computer (Windows) to the CGM via wifi.  That never made a difference before but IDK. 

Help please.  

• Yes I checked as I usually start at port 9999 and go up to avoid that issue.  Sorry the forums have not allowed me to reply for days. Regarding the forums it's the same errors others reported years ago. Somehow using plain text and no links makes the forums give error codes such as invalid h protocol, too many posts, and so on.  Images are disabled to.  And only 1 tag is allowed. 

RobertS1

Hello Rered_CoxForum, I apologize that you are having issues with getting that port forwarding working. We truly value our customers and want you to always feel that way. the steps listed should be working for you. If you would like send me an email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address I would love to assist you see if we can determine what is going on in your situation.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Don't need to guess the brand of modem. It's a technicolor. It appears that Technicolor bought Cisco's line of modems, and rebranded under their name. 

Canyouseeme will not work, since unless you have your computer's FIREWALL disabled, or that particular port disabled in the firewall, it says you cannot get through. 

btw https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2  Shields up by Gibson research is a much better tool.