Forum Discussion

magmartin83
New Contributor II
2 months ago

"Scheduled Maintenance" without Notice

The responses I have received have been unacceptable and do not provide a sufficient excuse for why customers aren't warned about potential service interruptions. Regarding the "between midnight and 6am" time frames where scheduled maintenance is taking place, there is NO reason why you can't notify customers so they are aware it might affect them. I mostly use my internet during those hours and it's absurd that I have to resort to using my cellphone for internet. Why am I paying you if it isn't working on such a frequent basis? If you could at least give customers a notice that they might have an interruption, they can know to plan ahead. Furthermore, their bill should be prorated for the days that their service is down. We pay you for our service to be up and running. If you are unable to provide that, just tell us, or compensate us since you've already been paid. For a company that puts out commercials touting their futuristic capabilities, I would think you could master sending a text message to customers when scheduled maintenance will be occurring. There is no excuse. I too look forward to another internet service provider becoming available in our area.

MJS-BVAR
    New Contributor

I have been without for 4 days now. Not fixed by Friday I'm dropping Cox for good. You have awful service, can't even hop on a chat because you guys turned it off. Hotspot on my T-Mobile has been a life saver but I need the GigaBlast I'm paying for. $110 a month and all I get is interrupted service. The SMS Texts are rediculous. I think I can get T-Mobile 5 G Home Internet for $50. Come on Cox get your game on!

DustinP

Hello MJS-BVAR,

We want to avoid losing you. Could you please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and include the URL of your forum comment? This will allow us an opportunity to investigate further to be sure we're working on solutions that restore your connection. 

• Hi magmartin83. Advance notice is not always practical; however, we try to let customers know when a major issue or a network update in their area will affect their service for more than one day. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator