Forum Discussion

atrusler85201
New Contributor
3 days ago

Several one minute outages each day

Hi, I'm at my wit's end. 

I'm currently connected with a Cox modem, right next to the dmarc to eliminate "inside wiring" as an issue.  I tried connecting a laptop in wired to my modem, replace the outlet, bypassed the outlet, rebooted the modem several times and still have an issue.

When I contacted support and described this to the rep,  he said he doesn't see an outage and will note this on the account.  That note did not fix the issue.  I asked for a case # and he said he will not be raising a case. I asked for a reference number for our chat and he sent 3 different links to people complaining how bad Cox customer support is. (weird, right?!) Then the chat disconnected.

I contacted billing and they put a note on my account.  That note did not fix the issue either.

The issue I'm seeing is that my neighbors and I get several one minute outages each day. Always during a meeting, a movie, or game. Nobody else in my complex has had success reporting the issue.  There are no troubleshooting steps and no way to report the issue on the help section of the Cox app, other than the chat interface that has me reboot the modem again.

All I want to do is report the issue and get a reference number. Is this even possible?  Or am I forced to look for another ISP?

13 Replies

• I’m in SoCal having the same issue most of June. Initially it was shorter like you said, and didn’t happen as much, but frequency and duration are increasing over time. Last night it was 2+ hours of about 0.19mbps download speed. Technical support tells us we have “one of the slowest internet packages” at 1G and says please confirm I’ll upgrade you to 2G. Then tries to sell me Cox Care super service. Then says contact the device manufacturer even though it’s not device specific and we have several speed tests. I’m looking into Verizon internet but concerned about their speed as well. 

LatitiaS

Hi Arae0714,

We want you to enjoy your services and I would really like an opportunity to investigate your speed loss.  Please if you would reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

I look forward to working with you.  

Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Hi. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Dudeintreme
      New Contributor

This thread shows very clearly that it's not a single account issue as multiple users are having the exact same problems.

atrusler85201
      New Contributor

I’m not going to create a social media account just to get support. I will try email and post any success here. Thanks for the email address. This wasn’t listed in the app. 

ColleenD

Hi, atrusler85201 

The email address cox.help@cox.com is specific to the social media team and Cox Community Moderators. Support provided through the Cox app is handled by a different team. We look forward to hearing from you so that we can assist with resolving the trouble you're experiencing. 

Steverinaz
    New Contributor

They're going to have to hire people just to keep the noise down . I'm so aggravated?!! Same issue here ..

Dudeintreme
    New Contributor

Are you in New Orleans? I've been having the EXACT same issue. Multiple times a day. And get this - it's always at either 29 or 59 minutes past the hour. It's extremely frustrating as it interrupts both mine and my wife's work.

I've chatted with Cox multiple times but they have been no help.ive looked at my modem logs, and the disconnect is happening at their level - it's 100% a Cox issue, yet they want to send a service tech out and charge $150 if they don't find an issue - and of course they don't find any issues because it's a Cox problem. 

Finally, something similar to this was happening a few years ago and they gave me the run around (and charged me for a tech visit). They eventually admitted that they were doing ongoing maintenance in our area.

awalsh7
      New Contributor

Yes, I am. For nearly the entire MONTH of June, my cable television has been going out NIGHTLY at around the same time. It has become predictable. Now it is also doing it in the daytime. Had THREE different technicians come out! They were all here for a total of about SEVEN hours, over SEVEN appointments! They keep leaving, telling me that the problem is solved. I know they mean well, and are sincerely trying to get it fixed, but nothing that they have done has solved the problem.  I can't stand this any longer!

Dudeintreme
        New Contributor

I've been struggling to get support. Every time I contact Cox, they fail to understand that it's an intermittent issue. The response I get every time is "your modem looks fine, no issues, but we'll send a tech out." Finally got sick of it and then last night I blasted Cox thru multiple channels including publicly on Facebook. One of the techs finally escalated it to the local office. The local office has not responded yet, but miracle of miracles, no outages today (we typically have 5-6 by now). So I'm wondering if the local office is doing things under the radar .. this literally happened about two years ago, and they finally admitted it