Forum Discussion

AZGunrunner
New Contributor
7 years ago

Terrible Webmail Performance

If Webmail is the only email platform that COX technically supports, why does this platform *** as bad as it does?  I use the webmail via Chrome, Firefox, and IE and it performs the same on all of the browsers.   Half the time when you browse to "myemail.cox.net" it times out before you get to a login screen.  If you're lucky enough to get past the login, while it loads the next screen it will time out.  IF you're lucky enough to get fully logged in, the performance of the site itself is slow.  

I've cleared my internet cache, turned off all extension, stood on one leg with one arm raised and still the same performance.   

Sad that a technology company can't seem to get this resolved in a timely manner.

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello Domapoi,

I'm sorry that you're having problems with our Cox services. There is a current outage affecting our Cox site that will cause customer to not be able to access Cox.com services. We're working to fully restore asap. Thanks for your patience!
    smtips
    New Contributor II

Becky from Cox:

PLEASE stop sounding like such a basic idiot with the "Oh clear your cache and cookies" nonsense. You *** WELL know from your Atlanta offices down that the cox webmail is completely F-D UP and that these basic things will not correct the issues with it.

At the risk of betraying the confidence of one of your (very few) excellent Tier 2 agents, YOU KNOW BETTER AND SO DO I AND SO DOES ATLANTA AND SO DOES YOUR TIER 2.

So puhleeeeze stop sounding like some idiotic untrained basic person off the street that just got hired. My god, TELL THE TRUTH BECKY. All of you know that the new webmail has been NOTHING BUT A TRAIN WRECK since it was introduced, so how about you stop telling people to waste their valuable time doing *** that you KNOW won't work, and start submitting tickets up the line about the many many complaints you are seeing on the forum about it. That would be what anyone in tech support with a brain does. 5 to 10 reports about the exact some problems means it should be ESCALATED, it does not mean telling your customers to do things you 100% KNOW will do nothing.

MY....GOD!!!

• smtips,

Thank you for your feedback. All customers are not affected by the known issues with the new webmail platform. While basic troubleshooting may not help all customers, it can help those not affected, and helps us gather valuable information which we can include in any necessary tickets to our mail team.

I understand the problems with email can be frustrating, but please review our forum Ground Rules. We ask that all forum members be respectful. Hostile, derogatory, or mean posts will be removed.

• ColleenD said:
    smtips,

Thank you for your feedback. All customers are not affected by the known issues with the new webmail platform. While basic troubleshooting may not help all customers, it can help those not affected, and helps us gather valuable information which we can include in any necessary tickets to our mail team.

I understand the problems with email can be frustrating, but please review our forum Ground Rules. We ask that all forum members be respectful. Hostile, derogatory, or mean posts will be removed.

Perhaps some customers have become weary with what generally results from complaining and have simply turned to other email alternatives... or have assumed that the slowness and errors are simply normal,  I deleted two messages (moved them to trash) and counted 45 seconds watching the icon spin.  The messages were not large (around 30 k each) nor did they contain any attachments.  It might bee notable that actually DELETING the messages after they've been moved to Trash doesn't seem to have the same problem as the "move to trash"  step I'm FORCED to take (no option to just delete from another folder????).

A number of times I have clicked the log out icon... only to be logged back in!  Occasionally logging in (on purpose) results in enormous delays... sometimes after a page refreshes and I appear to be logging in.  If this does not produce a connection error, it'll not bring me to my email cleanly but add an extra folder or two (random letter name) that doesn't exist (error when I click it).... logging out and back in and the folder will be gone.

For this I'm paying a premium and my rates are about to go up significantly again!

There is no real competition for Cox's internet service... just a DSL substitute.  THAT is a big part of the problem!  But in deference to your desire for a civil and respectful discourse, I'll refrain from posting anything hostile, derogatory, or mean when dealing with a company that doesn't appear to have the basic decency to consult paying customers before imposing on them "improvements" like the new email platform.

Most of us are well aware that the moderators on these forums do not set corporate policy but that they are bound by it, therefore I'll try to set aside the fact that your employer routinely advertises three-service bundles at significantly lower rates than what I'm paying for two (BEFORE my upcoming increase!), so I'll do my utmost to keep my personal vitriol out of my contributions here... and shall patiently deal with advice nuggets offered when I lack the technical vocabulary to properly articulate why I believe an issue is on Cox's end and not lurking in my cookies files or deep within the nooks and crannies of my cache.

I shall be mindful that these problems are perpetuated by people far higher on the Cox food chain who somehow think that this type of thing is acceptable in a world that wants to force us all to rely solely on electronic means of communication.

MAB
    New Contributor II

Same here when ever I try to sign in to cox webmail- it sits there and spins FOREVER- this really needs to be improved! :/

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi MAB,

What browser are you using to access webmail via cox.com? Do you have an alternate browser that you can test to see if the problem persist?

smtips
    New Contributor II

Hello?

I have done extensive testing of your train wreck you call web mail using 5 different browsers on Mac and PC, and the behavior is the same.

What burns me about you people is that you offer nothing in the way of saying you're actually doing something, and at the risk of my post being removed, I will say again how idiotic it is for you to try to do a lick of troubleshooting of a customer's computer or software when, again, you KNOW this is not an issue with the customer side, these are server issues and a pathetically designed horrible web mail program.

Again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there's a MUCH MUCH larger issue here than an isolated customer or two having a computer problem.

So, how about being truthful with your users, and tell us if this issue has been escalated, and how high it has been escalated?

I'm sorry they put you guys out here to be fodder for MANY very upset users of your webmail, but you could at least be honest with us about the issue.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @smtips

We definitely can understand how frustrating problems such as these can be and we are here to try and help any way we can. Please note however that hostility or otherwise inappropriate comments directed at other forums users violates our forums rules and could result in a suspension or ban.