Forum Discussion

bryanley
New Contributor II
2 months ago
Solved

Unable to register my Cox account

When I attempt to register my Cox account by clicking the "New here? Sign up today" link, selecting the Phone number option, entering my phone number, clicking "Look up account", entering the verification code I received on my phone, clicking "Verify", selecting the correct address that's linked to my account, and clicking "Verify" again, the site errors out with ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.  As such, I am unable to register my account.  I've tried deleting cookies as instructed on the error page, but they're just recreated and I get the same error.  I've tried the latest versions of Edge and Chrome browsers on my PC and the latest version of Safari on my iPhone with the same result.

5 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Contact cox.help@cox.com   Provide your full name, service address and a link to this discussion. 

bryanley
      New Contributor II

As a follow-up, I contacted cox.help@cox.com and they responded quickly.  We went back and forth by email as they looked into it.  We learned that my login was the secondary on a previous account and when it moved over, it remained a secondary and no primary was created.  They submitted a ticket and within 24 hours, the issue had been corrected.  Thanks, CurtB, for the help!

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

bryanley    Glad it worked out for you.  The Cox Social Media Support group usually does a good job with solving customer issues.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Verify cookies are enabled and disable browser extensions.

bryanley
    New Contributor II

Cookies are enabled and I disabled all browser extensions, but the issue continues.  I'm curious if anyone is able to follow the steps in the OP and not get the error I get.