Forum Discussion

adler28
New Contributor
3 months ago

Don't Buy Samsung Fold 6 from Cox or try to activate it

Well Cox for unknown reason is stating a Samsung Fold 6 (unlocked) phone is not compatible with Cox Mobile Service... Apparently every galaxy phone is compatible but the Fold 6 is not. I first tried talking with the Text chat which the person stated "i will get right back to you" Well i waited 20 minutes and  i send a text saying are you still checking? "lady says i am still checking" and that's been 3 days ago. (2nd Attempt) i tried the chat online which i was transferred to mobile and sat there waiting for a person to help and nothing for 25 minutes. (3rd Attempt) I called and was put on hold to be transferred to mobile service help and guess what how convenient they are closed now.

So i went to the Cox Store today 7/20/2024 with my new phone the Samsung Fold 6 which i got through Samsung to get the sim replaced from my fold 4 to fold 6, so i can use it on the cox service. Well i was waiting patiently for 25 minutes in line just to find out "i can't add my fold 6 because it isn't compatible with the network" The person at counter said it is probably because all the phones are for pre-order only. 

I was informed by the person at the counter that they will call me Monday to let me know what the situation is because he will be escalating the message concerning the reason why the phone can't be added to the cox system. So now i am suppose to trust this phone call will be made to me on monday? I will guarantee i will not get this phone call monday and I will walk in the store at 3pm with an attitude and they will wonder why. Unfortunately if i don't get a call or an answer on monday i will go back to Mint which has way better customer service and cost is cheaper (Phone connection service is the same). 

adler28
    New Contributor

Update.... They never called back as i stated they wouldn't

adler28
    New Contributor

Fold 6 is not compatible with Cox Mobile Service... Just found out today (7/22/2024).  Off to another service.