Forum Discussion

bswick3
New Contributor
5 days ago

Landline conflict with MOCA adapters?

I'm considering using MOCA adapters to spread internet connections thru my telephone cable connections but still need landline.  Is there a conflict?  I know MOCA uses different frequencies.

Darkatt
    4 days ago

What ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He said. Moca uses RF over coax and you use an rf to ethernet (basically what a modem does, but on a different frequency), on other active coax connections in your home. Another method that people use is POWERLINE adapters. This uses an ethernet to powerline at your router, and a powerline to ethernet/WiFi in another room, to extend your connectivity, and create a mesh WiFi network as well. 

Mike5381
    New Contributor II

MoCA does not use telephone lines so you won't be able to do this. MoCA is designed to pass Ethernet over existing coax cable in your home (RG6 cable). 

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

What ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He said. Moca uses RF over coax and you use an rf to ethernet (basically what a modem does, but on a different frequency), on other active coax connections in your home. Another method that people use is POWERLINE adapters. This uses an ethernet to powerline at your router, and a powerline to ethernet/WiFi in another room, to extend your connectivity, and create a mesh WiFi network as well.