Forum Discussion

mhouse12
New Contributor
3 months ago

My last 2 months with Cox

I would like to relate to you the past couple of months of our interaction with Cox. In May of this year we received an email that said we needed to upgrade our Cable TV because you were switching to a new type of signal. We set up an appointment for the upgrade and Cox mailed out box of equipment that would need to be installed. On the day of the appointment the technician called while on his way. We explained the email we had received. He said that we should not do the upgrade, as it was causing problems. That was fine, we figured he knew what he was talking about. He stopped by and picked up the box of equipment. We thought that might be the end of the issue, but it was not. A few weeks later we received another email restating the need to update our cable TV. I did some digging online and found out that we needed a particular type of Cable box. I called Cox again and spoke with a representative who had that box sent out and scheduled an appointment for another technician to install it. The technician came out and worked for about an hour before giving up. He said that we would need to upgrade to Cox Contour to continue getting Cox TV. When he left he took the Cable box with him. I assumed that it would be marked as having been returned, but that was not the case. I have no interest in your Contour services so we cancelled our Cox TV services and I returned the remaining mini box that was attached to another TV. This past week I received an email stating that we needed to return the remaining equipment or be fined $250. We have nothing to return as the technician already took the primary box and the mini box was already returned. When I asked your representative about the issue, they stated there was nothing they could do until the charge was made.  When I canceled the TV services, I worked with an agent who guided me through the website. The website said that Cox would send out a box of equipment for the internet. I told the representative that we didn't need the equipment and asked that it not be sent. She assured me that it wouldn't. Which brings us to today. We received a box with what I think is your Panoramic Wifi equipment. Please understand that I made no changes to our internet services and I don't want your mesh device. I manage the modem and routers in my home and keep them up-to-date and secure. I also see that the online portal hasn't updated our monthly fees to not include the TV service. 

To recap, the first technician lied to us about needing the upgrade, the second failed to do the upgrade, Cox is trying to charge us for equipment we cannot return because it has already been returned, the latest representative said a box wouldn't be sent out and yet I have a another box of equipment that I have to haul down to the store to give back. We've had Cox services for many years but I've never had such poor service. 

• Hi Mhouse12,

I'm sorry you had this experience. We'd be glad to assist with the equipment return issue you're having. The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Thank you.