Forum Discussion

awalsh7
New Contributor
3 months ago

Still no solution and satisfaction from Cox

For the past MONTH, at random times of the night, usually beginning around 10:30 PM or so (and occasionally early evening), I have getting the blue screen, which reads:

"Service Unavailable.

Sorry, there is currently no TV signal detected on this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Please try later. If the problem continues, please contact Cox Customer Service at1-866-961-1207. Reference M.3.1.4, when calling. Alternatively, you can press the GUIDE button on your remote control on to watch programs on other channel" Then when I go to GUIDE, it says "Program Unavailable" for EVERY CHANNEL!

Not one, not two, but THREE technicians came out, changed boxes, remotes, cables (so I was told), and supposedly checked outside issues. Not sure what those were. Wasn't given an understandable explanation. 

Upon leaving, the last technician told me that the issue was an issue with one of the televisions needing an adaptor put on the plug, that had to be gotten through the television manufacturer.  That makes no sense at all, being that the television has always worked fine, and continues to. Then, when I told the technician that the television set is simultaneously turning off when a wall switch for an overhead light in the room is turned to the off position, that the issue that I am having with my cable television on BOTH of my television sets, is an electric issue, that it is not a Cox issue, and that I have to get an electrician to come and take care of this. In other words, he is using this as an excuse to get out of having to continue finding out what the real cause of this problem that I have been having for a month now. I have done much research on this, and I simply cannot believe that a light switch that is allowing the input that my television plug is going into is causing this huge, evidently unsolvable problem by Cox. I cannot help but feel that this is an issue that was not been corrected by the technicians that have come out, and/or that issues OUTSIDE (poles, outside boxes, etc.) are causing BOTH of my television sets to lose their signal simultaneously.

• Hello. I can certainly understand your concern over internet issues. I recommend sending an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com