Forum Discussion

maagcom
New Contributor
3 days ago

Stuck on boot

Recently, every morning, I guess after updates, my box is stuck on boot. If I leave it alone, it just keeps trying to reboot like every 5 minutes. If I unplug and replug several times, it eventually comes back. Tech support has been no help. All they want to do is swap out my box. I don’t want to do that because of all the stuff I have saved. As I said, so far it’s always come back. My problem is, I am going on vacation and don’t know what to do. If I just leave it alone, will it just keep trying to reboot on its own? Will it ever come back on its own? Or will it just die or stop trying? Or should I just unplug it before I go and hope I can get it back when I get back? Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone advise me?Thanks

mm

4 Replies

• Hi Maagcon,

Iapologe the abel box is such and will not boot. It is normal for 'boot' to appear a short time after powering the box then switch to another message and finally to the time within a few minutes. does an error message appear on TV? It may have an error code that started with RDK or XRE? please let us know what shows on the TV.

Greg

maagcom
      New Contributor

Greg,  No, I have never gotten an error message. Just the boot message, then, after several times unplugging and replugging, I get a red light followed by a message that looks like “case”, followed by the time of day, then it’s back.

maagcom
      New Contributor

Your only solution seems to be replacing the box, which means I loose all my recordings. I do not want that.

kittymom
    New Contributor

Same issue here.  Cox Contour record 6 DVR .  Shows only the "B" in the  word boot. Welcome screen is  stuck. 

Have tried contacting online help (useless) and tried various reboot  efforts.  Mini box in house works fine, so we know its the cable box.  Will need to swap out box.  So annoying and  tme consuming to re program.   Should have known something was wrong because play backs have been erratic lately.