Forum Discussion

ahermida
New Contributor
4 months ago

cannot send email from Mac mail after transition to Yahoo

I did ,after following the instructions from the Reddit contributor, successfully migrate to Yahoo. I have no problem sending or receiving on my iPhone or iPad, but can only receive with Mac Mail. I did notice that when it fails to send and I get the settings screen from Connection manager, the STMP password was changed from the Yahoo App generated password that I had inputted to a shorter one (? old Cox password or Yahoo password). I can send the message out if I change to try with selected server -Google. I have tried both 465 and 587 ports.

esined615
    New Contributor

I am having this same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Becky

Hi Esined615, thanks for your post. Are you able to send and receive mail on one device but not other devices? This would indicate a settings issue. As Chris mentioned, our ability to troubleshoot is limited after your accounts have been migrated to Yahoo. However, if you provide more details of your issue, I'm sure you can find more assistance from our talented community. We can also assist with basic settings if you provide more detail. 

• If you are unable to send using smtp.mail.yahoo.com but it does work with the gmail outgoing server, you might want to ensure the username is using the Cox.net. 

ahermida
      New Contributor

It is. I sent some test emails yesterday and they went through but looked like they were sent from the old cox account not the new xxx@cox.net account. 

ChrisJ2

I understand. If you've set all of the servers correct and the account has migrated, then at this point Yahoo.com is processing the mail entirely. I wish I had more to offer. You can contact Yahoo at 866 562 7250. I hope this helps and thank you for your patience.