Forum Discussion

mattamx
New Contributor II
4 days ago

Cox Connect doesn't Support Panoramic WiFi app

I would rather send this to Cox directly but that doesn't seem to be an option. I don't really want to deal with Oliver, either.

I keep the Cox Panoramic WiFi app around so I can check if Cox is still screwing the poor people who use Cox Connect. I used to love using that app. When I moved to Cox Connect I was required to exchange my Technicolor modem with Cox. Interestingly, the Arris gateway Cox sent will work just fine with Panoramic WiFi by Cox’s own website admission. I like the gateway and it’s not the problem. So, it begs the question why Cox Connect users are banned from using the PW app? Is it somehow expensive, or did Cox decide that those of us in the lower class just don’t deserve the fancy stuff? I’m not the only one who is ticked off at Cox for this situation. Many discussions online. 

I can’t tell you how many hours I spent trying to correct this ridiculous situation. Not to mention the many customer service peeps and technicians I tied up because, like me, just about none of them even knew about this lousy decision by Cox. Several  techs seemed surprised that Cox might make such a policy. When the techs thought they had it fixed, of course, it never worked because they didn’t know. At a support person’s suggestion I filed a Ticket (if that is what Cox calls it). The next day I received a call from someone who is apparently a Big Wig at the Cox Atlanta High Command. She didn’t let me talk much as she tersly informed me that there was one customer rep who I spoke to who was quite right - Cox Connect customers don’t qualify for using the PW app. When pressed for a reasonable reason why this is so, she refused to say. She seemed to be highly annoyed that she had to deal with this situation even though I was, as always, striving to be polite — something she seemed to struggle with on her end.  I then decided to just let it go. I wasn’t sure that Atlanta wouldn’t sabotage my WiFi (not really, but kinda really) if I was too big of an ass pain.

BIG TIP for management: You really should alert employees at all levels when instituting such policies. Doing so tends to save time, money and customer/employee/Big Wig frustration.

When I complained on the Cox support group several others responded saying they are in the same boat as me. The moderator was very nice and said she would alert the higher ups. Well, plenty of time has passed that Cox could have made changes. I guess the higher up Wigs at Cox don't know, or they just don’t give a **bleep**.

I will try the PW app again in 6 months to see if there is any change.

No RepliesBe the first to reply