Forum Discussion

nhoang1
New Contributor
2 days ago

Cox Panaromic Gateway with Wi-Fi 6E vs iPhone 15 Pro Max

It is CGM4981 (PW8) model which I had it exchanged to the old one (PW7) recently. And , my iPhone was updated with IOS 18.0.1. And, the issue is - WIFI is lost when upstair (and iPhone was supposed to switch to AT&T data 5G as I expect)

(1) I select to "Forget This Network" in order to re-elect the network/password sign in >>>>WIFI OK!

At this moment, I notice that "Private Wi-Fi Address" is shown under Wi-Fi network.

WIFI is OK at downstair with both "Private Wi-Fi Address" and "Wi-Fi 6E" are shown. But, WIFI is lost within a few seconds when upstair. To get the WIFI back, I perform step as (1) above.
Any clues, please.

References: My network setting is CGM4981 and Cox Wi-Fi pod at downstair; another Cox Wi-Fi pod upstair (this one will cover the Wi-Fi range)

• Hello nhoang1, if losing your home networks connection once you go upstairs. Being that the modem was replaced recently. You may need to reinstall your pods. We would recommend when setting them back up to bring them to the room where the modem is located. Then reinstall them using the app. This may help with the coverage concerns upstairs once the pods are returned to their prior locations.