Forum Discussion

Limes1132
New Contributor
2 years ago

Daily Outages from ~10am-3pm (Phoenix metro)

For the past few months we've experienced repetitive internet connection drops from ~10am-3pm every day. Service drops usually last a 1-3 minutes at a time. I've talked with the technical service live chat a couple times, and the best they can come up with is that I should buy a new modem. One of us works from home and it's a little difficult to do that when you're constantly being dropped from Zoom meetings in the middle of the work day. Some more details:

-Phoenix metro

-Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 modem + ASUS RT-AX86U router with current firmware (both ~1 year old)

-I can't remember the exact details, but when we started service last year, we had signal issues to the modem. They couldn't detect any issues remotely, but the on-site tech detected weak signal and put a signal booster on the box outside the house.

-Correlation, but we think it started happening when temps started getting above 90F during the day.

-I've been running PingPlotter Pro and here are representative results showing latency spikes and 100% packet loss. Starts a little before 11am and stops around 2pm. Connection for this one was hardwired Ethernet to the router:

https://imgur.com/a/EaEcLEa

Any idea what's going on? Thanks!