Forum Discussion

WilliamTGolding
New Contributor
20 days ago

File Your Complaint with FCC

Cox refuses to allow us to speak to representatives, stating that “speaking to a rep. Will not speed up the fix to internet outage.” Communication has entirely ceased. Go to FCC and file your complaint. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WilliamTGolding. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

thehumangerm
    New Contributor

Call your local elected officials to support internet infrastructure that isn't monopolized 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

If there is an outage, the "REPS" don't have the inside scoop. The have no idea what the issue is, what caused it, or the time to repair. They have no communication with the onsite technicians, so demanding to speak to a rep does nothing but tie them up from being able to assist someone they can actually help. Filing an FCC complain does nothing as well, but tie up resources at the FCC, more resources at Cox, and the end result, you got nowhere. Use the Cox App and/or setup a text response when they will have the situation restored. 

Whining that you can't speak to a rep is childish. 

thehumangerm
      New Contributor

That is definitively and factually false. And your ad hominem attacks are nothing more than projection of your own immaturity. The representatives have the ability to contact local support which do have the notes from the techs on the ground. I just had that information provided to me for my issue. The information can be obtained if they want to obtain it. When texts are not doing their jobs, contacting the FCC absolutely forces a higher review of their conduct. They also have the authority to sed out engineers and higher level techs if necessary. So I really don't care what your uneducated opinion is. Go bootlick somewhere else. File an FCC complaint.