Forum Discussion

WhyCoxWhy1
New Contributor
2 months ago

Frustrating Experience with Cox Cable: Poor Customer Service and Misleading Offers

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my recent frustrating experience with Cox Cable in the hopes that it might help others who might be dealing with similar issues.

Recently, my monthly bill increased by $60 because my promotional package expired. While I knew the expiration was coming, the sudden hike was shocking and unreasonable.

Here’s a breakdown of my ordeal:

1. Live Chat Nightmare:
    • I decided to use the Live Agent chat on the Cox website to address my concerns. The first agent took an absurd amount of time to respond to simple affirmations like "Yes, please proceed."
    • Eventually, I was told I needed to be transferred to the "Loyalty Team." I waited for over 30 minutes without any response, despite prompting "Hello" once during the wait. Frustrated, I ended the chat.
  2. Disappointing Phone Support:
    • Next, I called the billing department. The representative who answered sounded uninterested and unprofessional. He repeated questions I had already answered, and I could hear him loudly drinking through a straw, which was quite distracting and unprofessional.
    • When I inquired about reducing my rate, he suddenly became more attentive. However, he tried to upsell me a package that included a cell phone line, which I didn't need. This offer would only save me $10, which was not a great deal considering I am satisfied with my current cell service.
    • I mentioned a better offer I found on the Cox website, but he was unable to locate it.

In total, I wasted about 1.5 hours of my day only to find a better rate on my own through the Cox website. I remember the days when contacting customer service could yield fantastic deals, but it seems those times are gone.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Cox? Any tips on how to navigate these frustrating situations?

Thanks for reading.. and may you have a better time than I did.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    dpotts98
    New Contributor

I have had the same exact problem except their messaging takes 2 plus hours to get a response and over the phone they make my rate go up and sound as if they could care less. Very poor customer service. My sister is trying the Verizon internet and if it works well I am switching just due to the poor customer service!  

SharielH

dpotts98, I am sorry this was your experience as well. We'd definitely hate to lose you because of it. Feel free to send us an email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forums for assistance. 

alvinr1
      New Contributor II

I had the Verizon 5g home Internet for a year now I switch to cox thinking it would be better I was wrong, cox is faster when it works but there’s always an outage so it’s pointless to have. so I might just keep my Verizon 5g Internet it’s more reliable

NicholeC

Hi alvinr1,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing outages. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need assistance with your account or need assistance with an area outage alert, please email our team at cox.help@cox.com.

Thank you.

• WhyCoxWhy1, I am sorry this was your experience with us. I understand losing such a large discount can cause sticker shock once it goes way. I'd be upset as well if this was the customer service I experienced after. I am glad you were able to find something you liked on our website. This is a good option and something we do like to promote, being self sufficient. We do apologize that you were not told about it and had to find it on your own. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to send us an email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forums.