Forum Discussion

Baloo_Uriza
New Contributor
2 years ago

How do I reach someone at Cox who knows what signal intrusion is, and knows to send a crew to check Cox's lines between the head-end and the customer connection?

Every time it's windy in Tulsa, there's a ton of uncorrectable errors on downstream channels 20-25 and 129 that causes the connection to go out entirely at worst, and very slow connections at best.  Oliver, live agents on chat, people in the store and on the phone all insist on trying to blame us for the problem or upsell us on a more expensive service instead of even considering that Cox's lines are visibly damaged all over town.

How can we reach someone at Cox that knows to fix this?  Do we have to get state regulators involved and start talking about municipal internet?

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you had a technician out yet? If not, try emailing Cox at cox.help@cox.com with your account info and a link to this post. All engineering escalating has to come from a field technician. There is no way to directly send it to maintenance. 

Baloo_Uriza
      New Contributor

Doesn't matter, your years of not performing damage prevention or even bother to inspect your cables for cuts and dangling lines has caught up to you, and your company 1000% deserves having them ripped off the poles by the storm Saturday night.

Now get your line off my car and turn the internet back on.  If it's not back on by Friday, I'm getting my attorney and the state involved.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

My cables? My company? You do realize you are on a public forum talking to other users right?

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

At Cox signal intrusion is known in INGRESS. Since you are using terminology unfamiliar that may not understand what you are trying to convey. Try using the word INGRESS. 

Baloo_Uriza
      New Contributor

They don't understand "your line is on my car, fix it".

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

It seems the "windy" part included winds up to 100MPH in some areas according to here. Seems service is out all over town. Maybe if OP was more polite I would feel bad.