Forum Discussion

CBorban1
New Contributor
5 months ago

I have no internet

My internet service is always going down however, we had a tornado that tore up my city and all I can get is India that does not understand that lines have to be restored. They keep telling me my service is working when all I want to know is the ETA for cox to repair and replace their lines!

• Hi CBorban1, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Social Media Team and being a valued Cox family member. I work from home, so I know how important it is to have reliable internet service. I am happy to check your area status for any updates. Please contact us through Facebook or X CoxHelp.

patjwalker
    New Contributor II

Cox MUST do a better job communicating to their customers about outages.  People are working from home more and more and need to know status of service restoration.

CBorban1
      New Contributor

Thank you for your understanding my situation. I have seen the damage all over town and it is devastating. I now have wifi again but cox needs to understand that when a city shuts a power grid down, the router/modem does lose its network name and password. They finally alerted the crews in my city and after going to help a friend my internet was back up and not saying no internet. I did lose my settings and it was a long process to get my devices back online but they are working now. Cox does need to do a better job technically and listening to their customers. They also need disaster relief assistance. One more time like this I am switching to At&T.