Forum Discussion

desertengineer1
New Contributor III
28 days ago

If you are tired of daily internet dropouts...

If you, like many others, are experiencing daily internet drop-outs, horrible customer service, technicians who don't understand the problem, who simply test, then leave, replace the line to the house NOT UNDERSTANDING when you tell them it's everyone in the neighborhood, apparently customer service is not responding.

After the 10th time of going in circles with a "remote" subcontracted customer service system that continues to just promise "We'll work on it", I found there is another option.

Cox communications is licensed by the Federal Communications Commission to provide a specified level of data capability, pursuant to the cost, service, and expectations that many customer pay a premium amount of money for.  Since the new protocol ALSO provides television broadcast service through said internet service (at an additional premium), they ALSO must meet federal service standards per their FCC licensing.  The federal government ALSO subsidizes them millions to support EMS, Amber Alerts, and local television stations for reasons of public safety, and times of crisis such as COVID.  

Daily loss of internet, my employment productivity, and TV, without a REASONABLE attempt to correct the repeated, ongoing problem is a violation of their promise to you, the customer, and the federal government (FCC).  IF you have tried over and over to get this issue corrected, only to be met with the same "run around" and lack of action, the FCC complaint portal is a very powerful tool.  I just finished my detailed complaint, and you should too if you are experiencing the same problems of lack of service, lack of action, and lack of basically any motivation to correct a repeating problem.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115002206106-Internet-Form-Descriptions-of-Complaint-Issues

Go to this URL and PLEASE take the time to explain your situation.  With enough of these, Cox will be held accountable for their failure to provide a service that YOU are paying a small fortune for.

Chanellj28
    New Contributor

Filed multiple complaints with the fcc the branch manager only response is that they are working on the issues on if he states there is a problem at all. My Internet is out at least 4-5 times a month and then crappy service the rest of time. Anyway I filed I hope others do too. 

LatitiaS

Hi Chanellj28,

We want nothing more than for you to enjoy your services.  I would really like an opportunity to investigate your connection troubles.  If I may, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com.

Cox Support Forum Moderator 

JulianN

Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!