Forum Discussion

LuisOma
New Contributor
6 years ago

Internet data limits

Before someone from Cox comes and replies that this is for technical issues... I know, but you guys don't have another place to post this, so I will repeat what many people have asked before here and would like to hear from someone higher-up from Cox for something that is just COMMON SENSE.

So, from the internet starter package all the way to the Gigablast plan we only get 1TB of data per month, so if I am paying much more than the most basic service and have several people, and devices (ring, rainmachine, ecobee, cameras, air purifiers, door locks, garage doors, etc) all using data and getting very close to the limit every month:

Wouldn't someone at Cox say/think "Jeez!, this guys have a premier or gigablast service, maybe they should have twice the data allowance, it just MAKES SENSE"... someone?, anyone?

I guess charging more and making more money makes more sense for Cox than putting customers first?

Just a thought.

1 Reply

escapecox
    New Contributor II

No, because the main benefit to Gigablast is that you're going to blow through your data allotment that much faster so Cox can rake in some more of those sweet, sweet, dollar bills. They can then, in turn, do that to the rest of their customers and, you guessed it, even more of that sweet, sweet money. You know what's even better, once people hit their limits, they'll stop using their connection as much, so that Cox can now sign up TWICE as many customers, and then do that to them... this is an incredible deal, don't you see? Oh, that's right, you have to be Cox for the deal to be increible, my bad.

Pardon my sarcasm, but at this point I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to solicit an actual response, or even get someone internally to actually put two seconds of thought beyond the usual thought of padding their wallets to the maximum degree. Data Caps are making your customers hate you more and more Cox, it's your move, what are you going to do?

I'm counting on no change whatsoever, and 1TB data caps going on as long as they can stretch it. I have no respect for a company that treats its customers this way. Just wait until SpaceX Satellite internet comes to town, Cox will be a thing of the past.