Forum Discussion

Andy1
New Contributor II
13 days ago

Internet drops for a few seconds.

Just curious if anybody else has had problems with their internet dropping for a few seconds.  You won’t really notice it watching tv or just surfing the internet.  Although, the sound on the tv becomes delayed.  lol. You really notice the drop when doing zoom meetings or anything video feed.  Every time I contact Cox it’s the same thing.  “Reset you router and we don’t see anything wrong on our end.”  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

cearring
    New Contributor

Yes it has been absolutely horrible these past two weeks. The amount of times I have reset my router is ridiculous. I think it has happened at least 5 times a day the past 2 weeks. 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Are you on WiFi or ethernet? What modem/router are you using? Each modem has a different method of displaying connectivity, when you momentarily lose internet, does the modem indicate lost Internet connectivity? If not, it may be a wifi interference issue. 

Andy1
      New Contributor II

WiFi and its gateway modem/router. Just got it since the last one was outdated. Does not indicate lost internet.  

LisaH

Hi Healium. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Healium
    New Contributor

This has been happening repeatedly in Las Vegas 89120. WiFi vs Ethernet makes no difference. 

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

Read my reply above, let me know if you need me to elaborate on anything, or if you have more specific information that I can use to help you pinpoint the exact cause if the issue you are seeing.