Forum Discussion

eightinternet
New Contributor
4 months ago

Internet out in Mesa AZ

My internet has been down since about 3pm yesterday, I was told multiple times on the app that they would have it on by a certain time, finally waking up this morning I got a text saying it's taking longer than they thought. Has anyone else been dealing with this or dealt with it before? And is there anything I should do?

• Hello eightinternet,

I am very sorry to learn of your service loss.  Once an outage has been confirmed there is nothing more than we ask of you other than your patience.  Please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook or email at cox.help@cox.com with your address and we would be happy to check your area for any updates.  

Cox Support Forums Moderator 

• Is there an outage in Mesa, AZ? My Internet is also out, but the Cox website states there are no outages. 

LisaH

Hi MatthewBushong. To find out if there is an outage in your area, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

cparker121
    New Contributor

The internet went out yesterday 6/26 at 4pm and its still down today 6/27 at 3:30p... almost 24 hours. zero transparency on what's causing the issue, always extending the goals posts on estimated timeframes, and to top it off, they offered me a 2-dollar credit for resolution. Do better for your customers Cox. all they say is "we noticed there is an outage in your area, and you may experience intermittent internet issues..... like obviously 

MichaelJ

Hi cparker121, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing area outages, Please feel free to reach out to us through our Social Media accounts on Facebook, or X, CoxHelp. The forums are for customers to assist each other with issues about their Cox services and equipment. Thank you for your patience and understanding, 

Slingy
    New Contributor

Yes! My parents have been out since Sunday. Calling the service number just gets you an answer of "our technicians are working on it". Called from my phone and was told it should be up in a few minutes. That was 4 1/2 hours ago. Map shows no outages. 

LisaH

Hi Slingy. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your parents account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Hello eightinternet,

I am very sorry to learn of your service loss.  Once an outage has been confirmed there is nothing more than we ask of you other than your patience.  Please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook or email at cox.help@cox.com with your address and we would be happy to check your area for any updates.  

Cox Support Forums Moderator