Forum Discussion

DenmanCports
New Contributor
5 months ago

Metairie Louisiana "intermittent interruptions"

Since late Thursday evening, Cox Internet has been down in Metairie Louisiana.  As always crews are hard at work trying to solve the issue.  It has now been 48 hours of constant downtime. 

Power is restored.  Cell service was never out when not connected to wifi.  Cox is still out.

No estimated time to restore Internet service.  Non-existent customer service.  Quite the company you are running.

Disgusted and looking at options now.  Really have little choice.

• Hello. I can certainly understand your concern with loss of service. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com 

roberttreuting
      New Contributor

Completely agree with DenmanCports. We have called multiple times over the last three days and no one can give an explanation. All we want now is an explanation as to why this is happening. My wife relies on the Internet for her job and has not been able to work this weekend at all. Totally unacceptable.

ChrisJ2

I'm so sorry for the issues with your service and I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running. 

• Also, communication is terrible with Cox. I have signed up several times to receive texts about notifications and have yet to receive any notification about this current outage and why it is happening. So Mr. moderator why can’t you just find us an explanation as to why this is happening instead of making us email? And waste even more time. This is pitiful.

ChrisJ2

I can appreciate your concern. When your neighborhood is impacted by an outage, an alert is displayed when you log into the Cox App or sign into cox.com on a cellular device. Click on the alert and enter your phone number to sign up for outage-specific updates via text message. Learn more at https://www.cox.com/residential/learn/cox-app.html.

roberttreuting
        New Contributor

Mr. moderator, did you read my last post. I have signed up for text notifications at least four times over the last three days and I have yet to receive any notifications about the cause of this now almost 3 day outage of Internet and cable TV. All I want at this point is an explanation. Quit telling me to send an email or sign up for text notifications.