Forum Discussion

TreyRussow
Visitor II
31 days ago

Modem Flashing green and orange.

This morning around 12:30am after lightning hit close to my house my wifi shut off and as far as I know I’m the only one that has said anything in my apartments. I’ve tried everything from hard resetting to resetting it from my phone to checking all the cables and my router keeps switching from flashing orange to flashing green and back and forth. I tried contacting thru the cox messages and they want to send a tech out here, if that was the case of it randomly shutting off I understand but after lightning I think it has something to do with something outside of my single apartment. Yet if that was the case it shouldn’t be just my apartment that has thier wifi not working. If anyone has ideas please tell me! I need my wifi up and running again asap for work.

• Hello Trey. I am sorry your service went out when the lightning struck. I am thankful that you and your loved ones are safe. That must have been a scary event. It is possible that you called in before an outage was identified. It can take time for us to gather the information needed to declare an outage and dispatch crews to address the damage. Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue.

Billing, account, and some service issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern, and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Twitter/X  @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook.

We'd be happy to look into this service issue for you. Thank you.