Forum Discussion

CoreWolfSea
New Contributor
3 months ago

My IP marked as spammer?

About a month ago I started having issues where websites would constantly ask me for captchas, sites like Venmo would give me weird HTTP 503 errors, and Netflix would give me an E100 error code on every video.  I've tried this on 3 different operating systems, Android, Windows, Mac.  If I'm on my 4G network, it works ok, but on my Cox router, I still keep getting captchas and errors.

I tried rebooting my modem several times, leaving it off at one point, and nothing seems to be working.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

If you are using a stand alone router, log into it with a desktop computer and clone the MAC ID from the computer to the router. SAVE the changes, then reboot the modem. You will have a different IP address. If it ever happens again, do the reverse, (at least a week later at least). Your IP address is on a 24 hour lease, but changing the MAC ID to your router, and rebooting the modem, forces the dhcp server to hand over a new IP address, and that should really clear things up.