Forum Discussion

joneangel
New Contributor
13 days ago

No communication

This is now the fifth outage in about 10 days. The outages don't normally last more than four hours, but although I sign up for notification via text message, I never received any. I would like to know why there are so many problems in my area, ZIP Code 85641. Should I be so concerned that I change companies? 

• Hello. I can certainly understand your concern with loss of service. Please feel free to send an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com 

joneangel
    New Contributor

Email response provided by COX provided generic reasons for a single outage, didn't solve difficulties COX has in communicating updates to it's affected customers during our after outages, nor did it address why continued outages affecting neighborhoods during a billing cycle are still billed as receiving full service. 

Becky

Hi Joneangel, we've worked hard to improve our communication to customers during an outage. Did you know Cox offers text message outage updates via the Cox App? When your neighborhood is impacted by a Cox outage, an alert with an option to sign up for text message notifications is displayed when you log in to the Cox App. Selecting this option provides an outage-specific text message with the estimated repair time, as well as updates when the on-site tech changes the repair time or clears the outage. The same alert and offer for updates is available when you log into www.cox.com. You can learn more at https://www.cox.com/residential/learn/cox-app.html. Because an outage may not impact all users in the same way, if at all, we address requests for outage credit on a one-on-one basis. We're happy to discuss it in our email conversation.