Forum Discussion

WWalkerinNWA
New Contributor III
4 months ago

NWA service outage since Saturday

Been without internet since Saturday, June 22nd. No updates (no, pushing the same update over and over again isn't an update, that's just repeating yourself). What's going on? Why don't you have anyone on comms? Does your comms guy not understand your network infrastructure? Does the guy who understands your network infrastructure not understand comms? Three days without internet or an ETA or some kind of explanation is ridiculous. Help me out here. What's going on? Incidentally, if you need a comms guy who understands structured cabling infrastructure, let me know.

#service #communication #outage

LisaH
    4 months ago

Hi WWalkerinNWA. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

WWalkerinNWA
    New Contributor III

I see issues running down from NWA to Fort Smith. What in the world is going on? Someone answer a question about what's going on? Your accounting department is working fine, apparently, since my monthly bill just got drafted for a service that has been out or spotty for most of the last month. I understand that the storm did a ton of damage to your infrastructure in Benton County, and it's going to take weeks to get a handle on the extent of the damage and months to get it back to where it was before the tornadoes, but that doesn't explain outages outside of the storm affected areas... What's going on, Cox?

LisaH

Hi WWalkerinNWA. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

WWalkerinNWA
        New Contributor III

Hi, Lisa. I'm here in the forums trying to discuss with you the outage that is going on to the fourth day, without even an effort to explain what's going on. I can't talk to you on those resources, because I don't have internet access... unless you want me to use my internet access being supplied to me by my mobile carrier? 

I've had many conversations with your support over the last three days. I have tried getting info by text, by phone, and now by forum. Are you saying everyone else in the company is failing to provide customer service, but the Facebook and Twitter support teams have secret knowledge? 

I got the same update from Cox today that they've been sending out for the last three days. I'm not paying you so I can be patient. I'm paying you to deliver "fast and reliable internet", of which I'm getting neither. In leiu of that, I want an answer as to why Cox is peddling patience instead of internet access these days? 

Please? Seriously, my business, my wife's schooling and business, my kid's entertainment are all impacted. The subscription services that I am paying for on a monthly basis are also worthless to me because Cox isn't doing the one thing I'm paying you to do. 

I get that it's a complex issue. Explain it to me. Explain it to everyone. Why should I keep being patient? Why should we keep being patient? Please.