Forum Discussion

patrick_cash
New Contributor
5 years ago

Outage and unsatisfied services

Well, I got the hook line and sinker. I was a FIOS customer for 5 years and never experienced an outage, hurricanes, north eastern, and snow storms. If I had a problem with the router customer service fixed it promptly, within an hour. I have now been without services for over 12 hours and using the cord cutting method I originally wanted to use. My wife convinced me to switch to Cox because it would be cheaper and we would get more. well that was a lie. What I was quoted on the phone for my first bill was correct, however in looking at my second bill, I'm being charged additional fees I never signed up for, a movie I never bought ( i have a fire box no need to buy a movie). Now we cannot get through to customer service due to COVID 19. Am I wrong, but isn't this a tech company that provides internet remote services, so why cant they have remote customer service fixing problems. If I can provide medical services from my house, why cant cox provide customer service more often, at faster rates. I will be closing Cox as soon as I can and I have only had them a month. I also asked during the initial sin-up if there were any promotions and the Representative said no,  later I found out there was a $300 dollar gift card. I'm so discouraged. The tech that came and installed, was such in a hurry that he didn't even provide me with the accurate information about router speeds and where to place the router for best reception. He placed it right next to the TV, where the firebox is, soundbar, Sony player, and cable box. I found out that the router should be placed 10-15 ft away from the TV and any other devices to eliminate interference. The contour boxes he gave me were the small receivers with no set top box. For $200 a month I expected more. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    My wife convinced me to switch to Cox

I think I found your problem.

• The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally. We can definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.