Forum Discussion

agoncalves7
New Contributor II
27 days ago

Outage Everyday

This is frustrating getting an outage 2-3 times a day for the past 2 months in the central connecticut area.  Anyone else having this problem? I think I might need to change providers at this point.

6 Replies

• Hi agoncalves7, 

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced multiple outages in your area. Please feel free to reach out to us through your Social Media account or our Live Chat Team: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  

The Forums are for our members to share advice and troubleshooting tips for Cox products and services, 

Thank you, 

BrittneyC

Hi alvinr1,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced multiple outages in your area. Please feel free to reach out to us through your Social Media accounts or email Cox.Help@cox.com. We want to help. 

The Forums are for our members to share advice and troubleshooting tips for Cox products and services,

Thank you,

alvinr1
    New Contributor II

Same thing in the Las Vegas area. I just sign up for Internet a few weeks ago and there has been multiple out outages daily haven’t even been able to use it 

PhxCustomer
      New Contributor

They have been throttling. The FCC and other regulators have imposed new ruling that won’t permit them to throttle, the rules go into effect in a few weeks. The throttling typically happens at the same times everyday. This move, gets customers on the phones were they can upsell you, to replace the revenue they will be losing by giving better internet speed to large corporations. In a few weeks it should all get better.

LonJudd
    New Contributor

Same in Southern Arizona. I spent a good 30+ minutes a few days ago chatting about the repeated extended outages the last three weeks and got some BS nonsense about them "upgrading". Not having service isn't an upgrade. I was told I'd be getting an account credit. Nothing.

alvinr1
      New Contributor II

The chat is useless. They must not know most people household runs off the internet without it nothing in my house works. Good things I haven’t cancel my Verizon 5g home Internet yet