Forum Discussion

2008malibu
New Contributor
2 months ago

Panoramic Wi-Fi Gateway getting very Hot

Does anyone out there have a Cox Panorama Modem, check to see if it gets Hot, I mean mine is at 107.7 degrees and it was at 108.2 degrees, I just unplugged after calling Cox Communication   to report a pending fire hazard, and was told that I needed to upgrade my service to get a new modem. I reported it to Product Safety Commission and canceled my service, again check the modem see if its hotter than it should be, 

2 Replies

barreleye
    New Contributor III

What temperature scale are you using? 108 degrees Fahrenheit is not remotely hot for an electronics device like a modem/router, and 108 degrees Celsius is hard to believe. Moreover, thinking a .5 degree difference is material enough to pay any mind to further suggests your understanding of temperature is not that great, to put it kindly. 

• Hi 2008malibu,

That is indeed most troubling.  Safety is our number one concern, and I am glad that you returned the device but regret we lost a loyal customer.  Would you mind contacting us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com with your previous account details.  I would like to review the interaction with the agent you spoke with, as we want to ensure nothing like this happens to anyone else should they come across a potential hazard.  

Thanks! 

Cox Support Forums Moderator