Forum Discussion

Bret_T
New Contributor
5 years ago

Price Creep

Cox is always doing some unethical practices. I don't have much of a choice as this is the only game in town as far as cable goes. They are really good at price creeping in their billing process. They nickel and dime you over a period of time and this goes on all year,  every year. I understand when the package plan is over the price will go up, but then the gradual increase over time every couple of months starts to wear on me. Does anybody else see this happening with their bill? I ask every once in awhile and they find a way to lower the bill, but a couple months later...and the price creep starts again. It is tiresome to keep dealing with this. Has anyone found a way to counter this? Thanks for any help in advance. And I posted this on the internet forum, but I have a package plan that includes cable, internet, and phone. I don't use the phone feature, but the package was cheaper with it at the initial purchase. 

4 Replies

Lis0380
    New Contributor

Yes! I called a while ago to downgrade my services, and the woman talked me into keeping them, promising a bill around $130.

I get my statement for this month and it is $211! What the what?! They'll be lucky to keep me even for internet services after this. 

Amp488
    New Contributor

Ugh Cox. Ive tried and failed multiple times to lower my bill, they have no promotions for existing customers. I left ATT for this reason and a year later I'm worse off with another year of obligation. Totally UNSAT

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Amp488, For billing assistance please contact us via Facebook or Twitter @coxhelp.
      Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    @Bret T Hello, Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please contact us via Facebook or Twitter @coxhelp or email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator