Forum Discussion

EVM
New Contributor
7 years ago

Root Certificate not installed following email settings update

Following update of email settings to SSL (465/995 respectively) now receiving the following popup message occasionally  within the email client:

The clock date/time on this system is correct

System is a Mac OSX 10.13.2

Can I get a copy of this root cert to install within the local certificate store

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @EVM

Root certificates are handled by the OS automatically. Looking at your screen shots however I thin the host names are out of date. They should be pop.cox.net and smtp.cox.net. I'd suggest updating those and see if the certificate error clears.

EVM
    New Contributor

@ChrisL,

Thx ...

The pop settings were modded but a similar root cert warning appears - now just pointing at the cox.net server rather than west.cox.net

SSL settings remain the same following the host name mod

I know normally the system pulls down the correct root cert from the main - but is not doing so here.   Hoping to end run and install the .cer locally

NoBuddy
    New Contributor

All settings are updated per above. Sending-receiving OK. No problems until I try to send to multiple recipients. Error messages say "Unable to establish a secure connection to the server because the correct root certificate is not installed" and then errors to say " internal error". Only started having issues since today.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    NoBuddy,

To how many people are you trying to send? Have you tried sending from webmail? If so, do you get an error message?

NoBuddy
    New Contributor

I don't use webmail. just Outlook. about 8+ recipients.

• Evm

does your mail client have a way to mark certificates "trusted?" Maybe that is what you need to do. I have to with mine. And yes, it just changed again!!

NoBuddy
    New Contributor

thank you. that seems to be the issue. i get that they are trying to deter spam mailings but for those of us who are in a large philanthropy organization (or any large group) can't function this way. will check out link. thank you!