Forum Discussion

rrozniarek
New Contributor
8 days ago
Solved

Technician Told Us He Would Waive Fee then Didn't

Hey everyone,

I am a new customer to Cox. We could not find the port to plug our modem into and no one on the phone could tell us where it was or what it looked like so they sent out a technician. The technician showed us and told us several times that there would be no fee. I ended up getting the $100 pro installer fee on my account the next month. I went to support and they said that the technician never documented to waive the fee so we have to pay. They said there is no way to remove the fee, talk to the technician, or file a complaint against the technician for lying or forgetting to document to waive the fee. They also said that they can never remove charges unless you pay for Cox Care Connect. Can anyone help me figure out if there is a way to file a complaint or dispute this claim? Is it also true that I could be charged random fees, but they would never be able to be removed unless I pay extra for the subscription? I am concerned and do not know if I should stay with Cox based on this situation and lack of customer support.

Thank you for any advice or help!

• rrozniarek  Hi, I can definitely help with that fee!  Please send me an email at cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address.  Thanks!  

3 Replies

• rrozniarek  Hi, I can definitely help with that fee!  Please send me an email at cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address.  Thanks!  

rrozniarek
      New Contributor

Thank you for the help! Customer service through the email was very quick, kind, and effective.

StephanieS

rrozniarek  I'm so very glad to have helped!  Have a wonderful day!