Forum Discussion

3M
New Contributor
2 months ago

Wifi Dropping

I continually manually reset my modem and  through the cox app as well and my internet still is dropping for 1-2 minute intervals every hour or sometimes more frequently. This has been constant for months, so much that working from home is dreadful as any call can drop anytime it seems. 

We even had a tech come out, but he said that all looks good from his side and there's nothing he can do. 

Any thoughts, ideas or help? 

Shelton123
    New Contributor

My internet was doing the same, contacted cox and was convinced to purchase an upgrade to 1 gig of course.  I know that it’s totally unnecessary but was a reasonable price and was offered other incentives. So I did it…. And week and half later here we are with fancy new set up and SAME ISSUE!!  Still dropping internet connection numerous times throughout the evening and day!!  Connects back but so inconvenient!   Any help with this let me know!! 

3M
    New Contributor

There is definitely a technical issue at play, it's not just random events. I'm hoping for some help from Cox in this forum. 

DannyS

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone from us to look into your account personally.  We would be happy to help.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com to get started.