Forum Discussion

egruber
New Contributor
3 months ago

Can contour 2 use cloud dvr?

I just swapped out my contour 2 DVR box with a hard drive for an exact replacement. It’s the same older box with the clock display. When I activated it, all my recordings and scheduled recordings were still there. I expected to have to re-add everything. How is that possible without using cloud DVR?  I ask because I was told at the cox store that this box uses the internal hard drive and cloud dvr requires the new smaller box. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you don't have cloud DVR and you retained all your recordings and scheduled recordings, then you didn't get a replacement.  It's the same box you had before.  Programs recorded on a local hard drive are not transferred when replacing the box.  You can only retain recorded programs when you had cloud DVR before and after the box replacement.

egruber
      New Contributor

So I have a Contour 2 box with a hard drive but somehow I now have cloud dvr service (and didn’t know it) so I’m not using the hard drive. Yet the people in the cox store insisted that this box won’t support cloud dvr.  

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III
        egruber wrote:

I now have cloud dvr service

What model receiver do you have?  Why do you think you have Cloud DVR?

egruber
    New Contributor

C2XG1 (Contour 2 TV DVR) on the box , but Arris ax013NC if I look in the cox ap. 

egruber
    New Contributor

I believe I have cloud dvr because I can download my recordings using the contour app….and I didn’t lose any recordings when I replaced the box. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Receiver Capabilities

HD Capable

Up to 6 simultaneous DVR recordings

Up to 1000 hours of SD recording

Up to 500 hours of HD recording

What you're saying doesn't sync with the documentation.  

egruber
      New Contributor

What you're saying doesn't sync with the documentation.
      I agree. It doesn’t make sense. And short of being on the phone with cox for an hour, I can’t find anything in my account that says if I’m enrolled in cloud dvr or not. The people in the store assumed I didn’t have it based on my box. Yet, the functionality I’m seeing suggests I have it. 

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. We can determine if you have cloud or local recordings.  Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to assist you. 

egruber
    New Contributor

I believe I have cloud dvr because I can view, play, and download my recordings using the contour app….and I didn’t lose any recordings when I replaced the box.