Forum Discussion

jgombo
New Contributor II
3 months ago

Confused

Recently, the Fairfax CIty VA, neighborhood that I live in has had spotty internet service and TV service, mostly TV, for the last 2.5 weeks.  Today, the TV was pixelating all day.  On the TV screen was a message the "We're having some trouble on our end".  I called COX to notify them about the problem.  I have contacted three neighbors who have the same issue.  I have Chatted with a Live Agent, who did not believe that there was an outage.  I went onto the website that also indicated there was not an outage.  I was informed over the phone that the "Outage" was resolved and to reboot my system.  I rebooted my system, but the pixelation still exits.  Not sure COX has their act together.

jgombo
    New Contributor II

Rebecca

I spoke too soon, tiling/pixelation is happening again, and I am sure the is a "Non-Area-Outage"  I guess I should have let the Service Tech come.

NicholeC

Hi Everyone, I apologize for the continued service trouble you've experienced. Please feel free to reach back out to us via email at cox.help@cox.com if you need to check on outage statuses or setup service calls. As the community members would not be able to assist in resolving these types of issues, I'm going to lock this particular thread. For continued support with your accounts, please reach out to us. Thank you. 

• Hi Rebecca, I'm not aware of a widespread issue in Fairfax. Please reach out to us privately. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com Please include your name, full street address, and a link to this forum post.

jgombo
      New Contributor II

jgombo
      New Contributor II

GregP1

Happening again, the "Non-Area-Outage".  TV was working yesterday and until a little before 1pm today.  One of my neighbors is sill having problems.  I am running out of neighbors to check with, they are all switching to Verizon.

• We also live in Fairfax City and have the identical problem. I spent hours on the phone with Cox yesterday after they said the issue had been resolved. Finally gave up. Having the same problem today.

jgombo
      New Contributor II

Rebecca

At least four of my neighbors have been having problems with COX, four of them internet and three of them also the TV.  I called COX and CHAT with Live Agents, "No Area Outage", I went on line "No Area Outages", and I talked to customer agents in Virginia and India, "No Area Outages".  At about 1 PM, I called COX and went through the prompts to find out that they thought the "Non-Area-Outage" was resolved.  I rebooted my boxes and still had problems. This evening,around 6PM,  appears that the "Non-Area-Outage" may have been resolved.  But that is what we thought for the last 2.5 weeks.  One of my neighbors is switching to Verizon, the benefit of having access to two providers.   Good luck.

• Hi Jgombe, I apologize that you are continuing to have trouble with our service. Please contact us privately so we can help look into this. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com Please include your name, full street address, and a link to this forum post.

Greg